Friday, December 13, 2013

Opening Gates Of Fortune (開財門)


 
 
Taoists have many rituals for getting fortunes. Most of the rituals make use of spirits or ‘good brothers’ to bring in the fortune; below ritual is one of the few rituals that conjures help from gods of fortune and better suited for business bosses earning an honest living.

 

Steps:

 

Choose a good day, perform the ritual at night.

Setup 5 small altars in the living room: East, South, West, North and Centre.

Prepare a pair of red candles and 5 incense sticks with some joss papers will do.

Draw the below 7 Fu use yellow paper and red ink.

 

Mantra for opening door of fortune:

 

行法弟子某某人,太上老君名下的。

今日奉旨來到此,玉皇差我開財門。

上開玉皇鎖的財,下開地府關的財。

陰陽二門齊打開,有請五路財神到。

善財招財童子來,進寶童郎來坐鎮。

一開東方甲乙木,二開南方丙丁火。

三開西方庚辛金,四開北方壬癸水。

五開中央戊己土,若不開九牛造開。

若不開五雷打開,若不開金刀利剪斬開。

吾奉太上老君急急如律令。

 
Methods:

 

Recite the below mantra and act accordingly.

 

行法弟子某某人,太上老君名下的

I am disciple (name), under Tai Shiong Lao Jun.

 

今日奉旨來到此,玉皇差我開財門。

Today I am ordered to come here, the Jade Emperor asked me to open the door of fortune.

 

上開玉皇鎖的財,下開地府關的財。(burn fu 1, fu 2)

Above, I open the fortune locked by the Jade Emperor; Below, I open the door locked by the underworld.

 

陰陽二門齊打開,有請五路財神到。

I open both Ying-Yang doors, inviting the gods of fortune from 5 directions.

 

善財招財童子來,進寶童郎來坐鎮。

The children of fortunes please come, the youth of fortune please be seated.

 

一開東方甲乙木,二開南方丙丁火。(burn fu 3, fu 4)

First I open the Eastern door of woods, second I open the door of fire;

 

三開西方庚辛金,四開北方壬癸水(burn fu 5, fu 6)

Third I open the Western door of metal; fourth I open the door of water.

 

五開中央戊己土 (burn fu 7),若不開九牛造開。

Fifth, I open the center door of earth, if the doors failed to open; I summon the 9 oxen to open.

 

若不開五雷打開,若不開金刀利剪斬開。

If the doors still not opening, the 5 thunders break the door. Yet still not opening; the golden sword and sharp scissors break the doors.

 

吾奉太上老君急急如律令。

I carry out the order of Tai Shiong Lou Kun.

 

Finally, don’t forget to give thanks to all the gods and goddesses and make a wish that you will use the fortune to do good things.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment